ShopMagic not sending emails? Automations are not working as intended? You noticed some problems with installation or configuration? You don’t know how to activate add-ons? We will carefully walk on each of the problems separately, so If you feel that there’s an issue with ShopMagic – this article is written for you.
The most common issues
This FAQ has one ultimate goal. Help you to solve the most common issues with our plugin. I carefully analyzed messages from our support inbox and prepared answers for reported problems. I decided to split it for a multiple sections, which you will find listed below, to facilitate the navigation process. Simply click on a specified issue and you will be moved directly to the solution:
- How to download/install ShopMagic?
- How to create your first automation?
- How to download and activate add-ons/How to activate ShopMagic PRO?
- How to test/preview email?
- Help me! ShopMagic is not sending emails!
- Where to set up logo/site title/email which are visible in the ShopMagic email?
- Can I use the custom HTML code?
- I do not see an option to delay an email. Why?
- There are some errors/warnings in the WooCommerce Logs. What to do?
- How to add multiple recipients into the To field?
- May I use custom event and custom placeholder?
- Integration with MailChimp is not working/How to add customer to the MailChimp list?
- What are Lists/Opt-ins? How to use them?
How to download/install ShopMagic?
There are two places, where you can download ShopMagic. First is the WordPress.org website and second is the Plugins section in your WordPress Dashboard. Installation is the same as for any other plugin.
How to create your first automation?
Simply click on ShopMagic → Add New. New window will open. In this window you will be able to set up an Event, Filter and Action – three core parts of automation. Since the WordPress 5.5 you can reorder them accordingly to your preferences.
How to download and activate add-ons/How to activate ShopMagic PRO?
Here’s an excellent article (from our documentation) with a step-by-step explanation:
How to test/preview email?
ShopMagic has built-in testing feature. First, update your plugin to the newest version. Secondly, if you will move to the automation, you will see a Send test inscription. Click on it, confirm email for testing purpose and click on a blue Send test email button.
When you will use this feature, ShopMagic will use the data taken from the last order. It means that you need to have at least one order in your store, to be able to use it.
Help me! ShopMagic is not sending emails!
Definitely the most common issue, which in most cases is not connected to ShopMagic. I assume that you installed ShopMagic in its newest version, created your first automation and… No email is sent or is sent but the receiver never gets it. It is stuck in the void 😉
If that’s your case, check below points and proposed solution:
- What about WooCommerce emails? Are them sent and successfully delivered to the recipient? If no (both ShopMagic and WooCommerce emails aren’t delivered), then most likely it is a server-side issue. Contact your hosting provider and describe them the issue. If you need any additional information from us – we will kindly help.
- Use the Send test email feature and try to send test email to two different emails. Worked? Good! ShopMagic is working and any other issues may be caused by a server/plugin conflict. No emails? Check the SPAM folder and if there’s no email, move to the next step.
- Create a test automation, it can be a basic one with New Order event and place the test order. Now check the Outcomes located in the ShopMagic menu. It’s our version of logs. You will find it in the ShopMagic menu. What label do you see in the table? Completed or Failed? If Failed – contact us. If it’s Completed – move to the next step.
- Test your spamminess. Here’s a great website to do it Mail Tester. Just send an email for an address generated by the Mail Tester website. If your score is 6 or lower, than there’s a high chance that your emails are treated as SPAM.
- All else failed and here you are. There’s one more thing to check before contacting us. Are you using any SMTP plugins like Mandrill, WP SMTP etc. Deactivate them and repeat step number 3. If it won’t help – contact us.
When you will be contacting us, write what steps have you tried and what did not work out. Your cooperation is important and will speed up the troubleshooting process.
Where to set up logo/site title/email which are visible in the ShopMagic email?
ShopMagic supports WooCommerce settings in that matter. If you want to do this, move to the WooCommerce → Settings → Emails and scroll down a little. Here you can choose a logo image, set footer text, change email sender options and choose a color palette according to your preferences.
Can I use the custom HTML code?
Sure thing. That would be a waste if you had an HTML template and would not be able to use it. In the Action metabox, when you will be choosing a type of action, select Send Email – Raw HTML and paste your code into the message field.
I do not see an option to delay an email. Why?
Most likely because you are using a free version of ShopMagic. Delaying an email is a feature available in Delayed Actions add-on, which is part of ShopMagic PRO.
If you are the PRO user who downloaded and activated API key and still have an issue with it – contact us immediately.
There are some errors/warnings in the WooCommerce Logs. What to do?
Bugs and fails happen in every software from time to time. That’s the specific of IT. If you see an error or warning notice in WooCommerce Logs – don’t panic, we will solve it.
Contact us and make sure that your email contains below information:
- WordPress/WooCommerce/ShopMagic/PHP versions. The easiest way to get this data is from the System Status. Click on Get system report and Copy for support. Then simply paste it.
- Error communicate. You can copy it from WooCommerce Logs, just select a specified communicate, copy and paste it.
- Is ShopMagic working? If yes, then most likely it’s a small issue which won’t affect your store performance. Of course even the smallest issue should not happen, and we will find a way to resolve it. Just give as some time. You will receive a message from us when the fix will be ready.
How to add multiple recipients into the To field?
ShopMagic in its current version supports only one recipient. There are two workaround solutions which may work in your case:
- Add second automation, the same as the one which you want to add multiple email recipients. This time in the To field write your/specified email.
- Add a BCC field. It can be added with a filter. Here’s a code snippet for it:
add_filter( 'shopmagic/core/action/sendmail/enable_bcc', '__return_true' );
You will find more information about adding a BCC field in our docs.
May I use custom event and custom placeholder?
Of course! We encourage our customers to personalize ShopMagic to their needs. Here are two very useful links to our documentation:
Integration with MailChimp is not working/How to add customer to the MailChimp list?
Check your connection between ShopMagic and Mailchimp. You can do it into the ShopMagic settings, there’s a dedicated MailChimp tab. Here, in the API Key field you need to enter valid API key. You can get it from the MailChimp settings. Then save changes.
Now, when you will be creating an automation, choose Add Customer to the MailChimp list as a type of action.
What are the Lists/Opt-ins? How to use them?
Feature introduced in the ShopMagic 2.8.
We received some emails, in which you were writing to us that you are not going to use them. That’s perfectly fine. Marketing opt-ins and Lists are optional, and if you don’t need them, don’t use them.
Moving further, if you don’t need it, you can also remove Communication Preferences from the My Account. Here’s a filter to do it:
add_filter( 'shopmagic/core/communication_type/account_page_show', '__return_false' );
If you need further explanation about these topics, we have an excellent article about it. If you are going to use these features, I encourage you to read it.
Any other issues/missing info?
That’s it. “The Dirty Dozen plus one”. If you feel that some of the above points need a further explanation – write to us. Don’t forget that you have a vital impact of how ShopMagic looks like. If you have an idea for a feature, do not hesitate and submit it on our Ideas website.