If you’re looking for a free alternative to the WooCommerce Follow Up Emails plugin, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, I will show you that you do not need a $99 Follow-Ups plugin to automate your WooCommerce marketing and send a follow up email. Use ShopMagic as a free alternative for your WooCommerce store.
The standard WooCommerce emails are limited to order statuses.
Let’s learn how to run successful email marketing in WooCommerce with the follow up email!
Table of contents
- WooCommerce follow up email – what is it?
- WooCommerce follow up email plugin in your store
- ShopMagic – a free way to send follow up emails in WooCommerce
- Summary & more about ShopMagic
➡️ Before we dive into this tutorial, please have a look at how easily you can create follow up emails for WooCommerce with the free ShopMagic plugin: ⬅️
As you can see it’s easy to customize email content, set BCC, and even test emails – something WooCommerce doesn’t have by default.
⭐ Why should you choose our plugin? Just look what people say about it:
Over 10,000 stores worldwide use ShopMagic daily.
Join them! 🙂
What’s more, it’s free! Download this WooCommerce follow up email free plugin by clicking directly on the Download button below:
Now, let’s discuss what is the official WooCommerce Follow-Ups plugin and how can you replace it with ShopMagic 🪄.
WooCommerce follow up email – what is it?
You might ask:
🤔 Why are WooCommerce follow ups so important in e-commerce?
✅ Follow Ups Increase conversions
In the long run, a happy customer is a repeat customer. Some of the follow-ups might give you instant effects (i.e. abandoned cart emails), and some will work with a delay (i.e. winning back inactive WooCommerce customers). A follow-up email is a great way of communicating with your buyers from day one and every step of their customer journey.
✅ WooCommerce follow up email builds trustful relationships
Follow-ups are not strictly sales emails that you send once and hope to get a sale. They are a series of emails that show customers your appreciation for their purchase, improve their experience after buying your product, and potentially reduce post-purchase dissonance. Make sure to show your customers that you care.
✅ Follow Up email filters the audience
Follow-ups are designed to be triggered when certain events happen in your store (customer buys a specific product, customer orders for the first time, the customer is inactive for a long time). All communication is filtered by specific rules to make sure that you reach the right people at the right time.
And probably the most important feature of all is that once you set up your follow-ups flow, the magic happens without your participation and is fully automated. Prepare your follow-up campaign once and then it will be sent automatically to all customers who meet the criteria. Of course, over time you need to analyze the results and optimize your flow – don’t forget about that!
WooCommerce follow up email plugin in your store
Follow-Ups is an official add-on developed by WooCommerce.com that we have used for around a year and a half. In the beginning, our experience with the plugin was very good. We got so excited that we have a tool to help us send automated emails to our customers.
➡️ One of the most important features that we used was to send customers reminder emails about their subscription expiry and next payment dates. This was a killer feature that had an impact on our renewal rates and of course income.
✅ However Follow-Ups can do a lot more. Some notable features are listed below:
- Create a simple email to follow up with your WooCommerce customers.
- Group your emails together into campaigns.
- Create coupons that are personalized for your customer.
- Customize templates for each campaign or email to ensure your emails match your store.
- Automate your marketing communication, so you can spend more time selling.
There is more, however, the list above is a feature set used by most customers and is sufficient for most of the WooCommerce stores on the market.
Read on 🙂
Why is ShopMagic a great alternative for sending follow up emails in WooCommerce for free?
We think you shouldn’t pay for most of the basic features offered by WooCommerce Follow-Ups.
⭐ That’s why we developed the free version of ShopMagic to accommodate all the usual needs of a store owner or marketer.
✅ With ShopMagic free you can:
- Create powerful workflows to send follow-up emails to your customers.
- Send automated emails for any event in your WooCommerce sales process to any customer with any message.
- Use a WooCommerce email template or style your own from scratch to match your store perfectly.
- Easily add new customers to your Mailchimp list on checkout or upon any event in your WooCommerce sales process.
- Create WooCommerce automatic email upsells, customer win-back emails, and automated review requests from past customers.
- And manage all email campaigns in one place!
➡️ When we compare this list to the Follow-Ups features it is clear that ShopMagic is a great free alternative to WooCommerce Follow Up Emails.
💲 And if you need more features along the way you can purchase ShopMagic PRO with additional features, such as:
- Award customers discounts via coupons based upon some criteria including specific products purchased.
- Send time-delayed automated emails to customers to encourage a sale or to thank them for their purchase.
- Redirect customers to specific upsell pages based on purchased products, overriding WooCommerce’s default redirect settings.
Summary & more about ShopMagic
Are you ready to send follow ups in WordPress and WooCommerce?
In this article, I showed you a great free plugin you can use as a WooCommerce Follow Up Emails alternative. You can download it below.
Try it out before you buy if you need the advanced features of ShopMagic PRO. If the basic ones fit your needs then use the free version instead! Nonetheless, check out what add-ons are available in ShopMagic PRO.